Posted By: Vickie Martina
When you’re a family member with loved ones in an assisted living community, it’s nice to know that they’re receiving the support they need to live comfortably and healthfully.
Assisted living communities that do this offer a great range of personal and health care assistance to seniors, and do so in a respectful and caring way. Some of the services you will find in a community like The Courtyard include the following:
- A generous time allowance for 24-hour personal care, including weekly individual washing of bed linens and personal laundry.
- A minimum of one daily cleaning of a resident’s bathroom.
- Assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing, make-up application, and hair.
- The administration of medication, when needed, supervised by trained qualified medical assistance personnel (QMAPs).
- Oxygen monitoring by QMAPs.
- Weekly wellness checks, including weight and blood pressure measurements, and a monthly assessment by a registered nurse.
With both their health and personal needs well taken care of, you can rest assured that your elderly family members’ physical wellbeing and overall comfort needs are being met.